Monday, October 4, 2010

The Southern Fugees

I just returned from the Freshman Soccer Tournament, and we won and advanced to the next round thanks to a winning penalty kick scored by our team captain Niko. We didn't have enough players, so Kaitlyn and I both played (and I have a bruise on my knee to show for it because, of course, I fell). In fact, our team was a hodgepodge of players, including my peer mentor from last year, Ben, who played in dress clothes and shoes. Ben said we looked like The Fugees compared to the other team.

In fact, the other team were true winners because they had 11 people from their class there and they had decorated T-shirts with their names and team name on them -- and they looked awesome and showed a lot of spirit. I'm hoping our class can rally some more folks to come out for our next game (and we can better coordinate where to go -- I was told we were playing outdoors on the field but due to rain we played in the field house itstead).

Picures to come hopefully, both of the IN.CREW Team uniforms and of my bruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment